The purpose of the W Association is to:
- Support intercollegiate athletics at Wooster.
- Honor alumni athletes who are outstanding in their accomplishments and others who have been outstanding supporters of the athletic program of the College.
The W Association was founded in 1909 and is made up of men and women who received letters as participants in Wooster’s intercollegiate athletic program, and women who participated in intercollegiate sports before varsity women’s sports were established. Associate membership in the organization will be extended to any person who is interested in supporting the intercollegiate athletic program at The College of Wooster.
Upon graduation, all varsity lettermen and letterwomen are issued a W Association card. This card allows the holder to attend all College of Wooster sponsored regular-season home athletic contests free of charge. Varsity letterwinners can request a replacement W Association card by emailing Paul Seling in the office of alumni engagement.
W Association Hall of Fame
One of the most notable programs of the Association is the maintenance of Wooster’s Athletic Hall of Fame. Every year, the W Association Board of Directors selects Wooster’s most accomplished athletes for induction to the Hall of Fame during Homecoming weekend.
- Hall of Fame Members
- Hall of Fame Nomination Criteria
- Hall of Fame Nomination Form for former Wooster Student-Athletes (please review nomination criteria before submitting)
- Distinguished Athletic Alumni, Friend, or Volunteer/Staff Nomination Form (please review nomination criteria before submitting)
In 1975, the Paul V. Barrett Memorial Coach of the Year award was established with memorial gifts in honor of Paul Barrett, former coach at The College of Wooster. This award honors a College of Wooster graduate who has made significant contributions as a coach of any sport. The award recognizes a coach at any level (college, high school, professional, youth). The award factors in both on field success as well as off the field impact.
- More on the Paul V. Barrett Memorial Coach of the Year Award
- Nomination Criteria
- Nomination Form (please review nomination criteria before submitting)